Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Body Shop Haul


A couple of weeks ago I went to the grand opening of the Body Shop at Conestoga Mall. I was super excited as it is one of my favourite stores and they had amazing discounts (not sure if they still do, but the deals were unbelievable when I was there). When I walked in, I was greeted by an employee who told me that they had a buy 2 get one free, buy three get two free... deal, and they had a special deal that if you bought a reusable bag for $5 you would get 30% off everything in the bag.

The Body Shop is one of my favourite places to shop for beauty products because they are great quality products, great smelling scents, and are very consistent. I like Bath and Body Works as well, but they rotate their scents a lot so sometimes you find a favourite and it gets discontinued. The Body Shop has classic body butter scents like Strawberry, Coconut and Mango, which will probably still be around 15 years from now.

The first product I picked up was strawberry body polish. This works as both a body wash and body scrub. I have been using it as a scrub with an exfoliating cloth from The Body Shop as well. If you like the strawberry body butter, you will probably like this product as well. It is a good scrub because it is not too gritty but still does a great job at exfoliating. This was $18 for 200 ml.



I had been looking for a good highlighter for a while and I found one there that is called Radiant Highlighter – it comes in one shade a light frosty pink and it looks awesome to use on your brow bone, under your eyes and anywhere else you want to highlight. It’s a big size compared to other highlighters I have been looking at such as Benefit’s High Beam, and was only $14, which is not too bad – a lot better than $30+, which is how much high beam costs.



The next thing I found was banana conditioner. I had to pick this up because it smells AMAZING! It actually smells exactly like the banana penicillin medicine they give out for strep throat. I love products that make my hair smell good. I am a lot fussier with shampoo but I decided to try the conditioner and I am very glad that I did. It ended up being free because I paid for the other two products.


They also had a deal on that you could get their store discount card, regularly $10 for free – I think this card saves you 10% off all your purchases for a year. I also got with it a sample kit that would have been $10. It had a Buriti baby body butter, which I gave to my sister for my eight-month-old niece. It also came with a men’s maca root energetic face protector, which I gave to my boyfriend to use. Next, there was a Tea Tree Skin Exfoliating wash, which my sister had been contemplating buying so I gave her that one. There was a Vitamin E face cream that I have yet to use, a white musk eau de toilette that I have not tried yet either, a coupon for $5 off my next $25 purchase, and a free makeover where you can get a free eye makeup remover too! I spent $5 on the bag, which I have used several times since then, so I saved $9.60, and with my 10% off card, I saved an extra $2.74. I ended up spending $27.87 and SAVING over $38! I cannot even remember a time before saving much more than I spent somewhere. The girls working there were nice, helped me pick things out, and helped me to get the best deal possible.

My favourite Body Shop products

· Mango and Strawberry body butters, shower gels and body scrubs/polishes

· Peppermint foot products

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try more items from the body shop! the only thing I've tried is their Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Stick--which is oil not water based, so best to use right out of the shower : ) It smells really good though and makes the skin glow.

    ReplyDelete