Sunday, July 24, 2011

Skincare Routine

Hey everyone!
I wanted to fill you in on what I am currently using for my skincare routine - actually most of these are fairly recent as I have changed a lot from even when I wrote my face wash post.
The face wash I am using now is Clinique Liquid Facial Soap from Sephora. It's specifically designed for oily skin and it has a good clean feeling without leaving it tight. It doesn't have an overly strong scent and lathers up a bit but is not as thick of a lather as the Clean and Clear face wash I'd been using. Because my skin tends to get pretty oily in the summer, I've been finding this nice to use.
A few times a week I use Clean and Clear's morning burst facial scrub in the shower, but morning and night I use Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 3 which is actually a liquid exfoliator, something I had never used before. I think it's worth the money to spend a bit extra on the Clinique line because it's specially designed for combination-oily skin which most drugstore products are not. I always wash my face before I exfoliate because I want my skin to be clean first. I use both the face wash and clean and clear scrub in the shower in the morning and then I use the clinique clarifying lotion when I get out (that's the first thing I do after my shower). Apparently if you use this line for just a couple weeks every day it cuts down on your oil production.
For a moisturizer I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - I think I have mentioned this in other posts. I use this every morning and night and I am in love with it! It is the perfect moisturizer for someone with combination-oily skin. Definitely all time favorite and I have tried quite a lot of different ones. I tried Nivea ones that I bought at Shoppers and they were way too rich and I broke out like crazy.
I use Clean and Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment for any pimples before I moisturize and it is amazing. I stopped using it for 2 weeks and noticed that I was getting bad breakouts and when I started using it again my skin got much better.
I use a Balea eye roller from Shoppers to help with dark circles. I think most eye rollers are quite similar to each other - I don't have eye puffiness but I want it to help with dark circles. I use this morning and night - not sure how much of a difference it makes but it feels really nice.
Those are basically all of the products I use on a regular basis for my skincare routine. Hope this was informative! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment