Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Haul Part 4 - Final

While at Sephora I came across a scent that I really hadn’t planned on purchasing – Boyfriend by Kate Walsh. The last perfume I had been using was Pink Sugar by Aquolina, which is a really sweet cotton candy scent. Boyfriend is definitely more of an older, sophisticated scent which I felt like trying as I have graduated from university and moving on to a new stage in my life. I came across it because I was looking for Pink Sugar in a rollerball and in the rollerball section they were out of it but I smelled Boyfriend and really liked it. A rollerball is a great way to sample a scent. Because I was trying it for the first time, I didn’t really want to make an investment in the full eau de toilette. How Kate Walsh (Addison from Grey’s Anatomy/Private Practice) designed this scent was supposed to “capture the scent of a guy on a girl: a man’s cologne mixed with perfume” and that’s definitely what it seems to smell like. According to Sephora, the notes include dark plum, myrrh, night blooming jasmine, benzoin tears, skin musk, golden amber and vanilla woods. They describe the style as sensual, vanilla and amber. Usually I like scents that are fruity or clean but I love that this scent is so different from anything else I’ve tried. I love that it’s in a rollerball because I can throw it in my purse and not have to worry about it leaking, and I can apply it in the car without spraying it and having everyone else in the car smell like it (lol an issue with my boyfriend!).

I purchased the coralista blush from Benefit. I had been using my baked on blush from The Body Shop but it is very pink and this one is more of a coral shade so I think it is more natural. It looks amazing and even the container is gorgeous! The only quams I have are that the brush it comes with sheds quite a bit, but you could always just use your own blush brush.

So those were a sampling of some of the products I bought this summer! Tons of fun new products out there, and there were tons of great sales! What did you buy this summer?

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog. i followed you. please check out my blog and follow me if you want. thanks. http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete