Friday, April 8, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Ok so a few weeks ago I tried a product I was super excited about – Sally Hansen Salon Effects (if you’re not sure what this means, it’s those peel on nail sticker things that come in all different designs). I had heard a lot of rave reviews about them, saw tons of pictures online of people who said they had lasted at least 10 days so I thought I’d give them a try.

I found them at Walmart and picked out the pink sparkly ones. They are called Bling It On. I had them for a little while before I decided to use them. They came with like 16 stickers (really doesn’t make sense to me)and the first thing you do is look through them and try to find one that matches up to each nail. They weren’t super bad, but you will likely end up with some that are wider than your nail, or not wide enough.

There were some steps before that, don’t remember off the top of my head what they were.. I think removing your old nail polish and pushing back your cuticles. The box came with an orange stick and a nail buffer. You are supposed to just peel it off and stick it on your nail. Not the easiest thing to do – the sticker is incredibly flimsy and it is hard to line up just right.

I kept going following along with the directions – filing off the extra ends, finishing up with a top coat. Unfortunately, I found that the ends were peeling off like crazy! I didn’t know what to do to keep them on. Anything I touched with my nails would make it worse. I ended up having to peel them all off and was pretty disappointed. If you have tried these, how did they work for you? Any better luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment